Thursday 12 April 2012

Whitecaps Cake

So many projects...so little time :) This week the shoes are on hold as my schedule is a bit nuts, but I did make the time to create a very special cake for my awesome friend, Pene. Check it out!




As you can see, I re-created the Vancouver Whitecaps logo in chocolate for the top of the cake. Why, you ask? Well because this isn't just any old cake. This is the going-away/good luck cake for Pene...who JUST MADE THE WHITECAPS! To play professional soccer has been her lifelong dream, and she made it come true. How amazing is that?! 

The logo is made from Wilton Candy Melts (get 'em at Michaels Craft Stores). Basically, I just printed out the logo, taped it down on the counter, and put some wax paper on top (also taped down). After heating and tinting the candy melts, you just pipe it over the image with an icing bag. You can see my mid-way progress below:




And the completed version:




The cake itself was pretty same-old, plain old. Just a rainbow-bit Betty Crocker cake mix (her fave...mine too, incidentally), with my homemade buttercream icing. 



But take a basic cake and add a meaningful chocolate logo ... instant happiness!



Way to go Pene!! Good luck with your big adventure :)


Meg



No comments:

Post a Comment